2012年11月14日星期三

Battle

Yes... I had a battle yesterday
With a boy whose name is Little Monkey
He is 3, and I am 23
Who do you think WON?

He is in a silent world, and I am in a noisy world
Yes, he can not hear
but he is smart
He is flexible like a little Monkey
Scott calls him Bolt... The fastest toddler in the world
Loves to run
 he could suddenly disappear without people knowing...


Well... basic info is out
now back to the BATTLE
Yesterday was the SWI's field trip to the supermarket
I was assigned to take care of Bolt 
On the way from SWI to Supermarket
He was happy, quiet, and snuggled with me 
I was thinking... oh, this is a good sign
He likes me...
Then one of the teacher told me that he hadn't gone potty yet...
Oh no...
I know Bolt is already potty trained, he should let me know...
Oh yeah...

Picture this,
Here we are in the supermarket
also known as CANDY LAND for kids...
Okay... here we go
Most of the teachers and Volunteers either got a cart or pushing basket
I was thinking, hmmm, it will be easier to have a cart
he can sit in it and point at the things he likes...
Good thought...
But Bolt is transform into a monkey on me
I am not a human being anymore
I am a flesh tree...
He climbs up to my shoulder holding on to my neck
or holding on my legs but not touching the ground
but he won't go down to the ground or sit in the cart!

Fine, I said to myself, nice try...
At this moment...
He grabs his pants and starts screaming...
okay... potty time... 
I grab him under my arm, then run to the restroom...
He did a good job there
Very insistent to button all the buttons on his jacket
then he will stop his 'communications'

Okay... Battle one ends here...
I sat him inside the cart, I know it shouldn't be like that...
but it is the only way he willing to... and stop screaming...

I think maybe just about 15mins quietness later...
Battle two started

Bolt saw something he likes... I give to him, but he starts to open the pack immediately...
Oh no...
How should I going to tell him to stop...
I use wave hands and signal we always use in the pre-school class to tell him that he should stop what he doing now
but seems his attention is all over the food...but me
I took his food in my hand and wave hands, he screamed
I let him hold them, and wave hands, pointing to my mouth...
back and forward
back and forward
He understand...
He hold all the snacks we pick and he did not open them
and he stayed quiet...

After we checked out, he is happy
He became a monkey holding on me again...
but he is happy

I am happy...
I never know what is gonna like to take a kid can not hear me
to shopping
I never know they screaming just trying to get your attention
if you careful observe enough
you will find a way to communicate and clam them down

I am not a parents yet
but I learnt today
Parenting a kid is sometime you have to insist what is right
and not giving up by let kid doing what they want
the process is painful
I think Bolt killed my hearing for a second
I think the people who is shopping in the market does not know what's going on
may think I mistreated him
But it all worth it...

A lesson for Bolt and Me
Who said battle always have a winner
Guess we have two this time.









2 条评论:

  1. agreed. The battles are not always easy, and often, the lesson is for both of you. :) You are being prepared each day for what the Father will give you... I know this for sure. I love you!

    回复删除
  2. Love this post! What an awesome experience for both of you.

    回复删除