2012年10月22日星期一

Wrestling with yourself... Father wins at the end

I admit sometime I am showing some OCD symptoms in my life...
Well...I believe not only me... 
Life is like wrestling with yourself,
usually it comes to an end that has no result
then later Father wins at the end...

When you want something
you always try to persuade yourself that 
you need it 
or I could save it for later
because you just want it...
but Father's words show in your mind, be content...
Father wins...

Recently I have been reading Titus for a ladies' study...
I am so excited about it...
The reason is that this is my first little group study and it is all about how to become a Godly woman
Yeah! for me and also for my husband
But I wrestled again during my study...

Lesson one,  Be Sober... no problem
Lesson two, Be a Good Wife... no worries

here comes Lesson three, Be a Loving Mother...
Battle started...
my mind told myself that I am not a mother yet, how am I gonna do this lesson...
I go through the whole lesson... but I couldn't write down a word...
The questions have nothing to do with me right now
Still in my own mind I just think....
I am physically not a mom yet
so I couldn't know as a mother how to do it...
Again, I look through all the verses, but I still can not write down anything...
I told myself that I am not ready for the study this week...
Well... this leads me to tears for a while...

Hubbo understands my struggle... He said it this way
You are not a mom yet, but God's word is for everyone, every different situation
You're a teacher
You're taking care of kiddos at the orphanage
A loving mother is to love her kids the way that God loves us
A loving mother is all about building good character for her kids

That is exactly the goal I want for my students 
and 
the orphans

Students are my kids
Orphans are my kids

Game over
Father wins again
Although this lesson I did not write much down
I learned much more from our Father
Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I am young, true...
but you may experience the same wrestling game as me
Just enjoy the game process
You may win more than just the title!








3 条评论:

  1. Gloria, I love you. I often wrestle as well with where the Father has me. Reminds me of a story about Jacob. Letting the Father win always ends in blessing- but sometimes, they are in disguise. You have the HEART of a mother because of the way you love and care for others... your Scott is a very wise and blessed man to have such a jewel in his crown :)

    回复删除
  2. I am going to share this with others :)

    回复删除